The Asian Licensing Awards recognizes the outstanding achievements of licensed properties, licensing companies, licensing agents, advertising and promotional firms for their development, launch and promotion of licensed properties and trademarks throughout Asia for the preceding year. The Asian Licensing Awards celebrate excellence, innovation and creativity across the licensing spectrum.
Asian Licensing Association
Supporting Organizations (Subject to change)
1. Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC)
2. Intellectual Property Department of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
3. Federation of Hong Kong Industries (FHKI)
4. Hong Kong Small and Medium Enterprises Association (HKSME)
5. Hong Kong Institute of Patent Attorneys (HKIPA)
6. Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC)
7. Hong Kong Brands Protection Alliance (HKBPA)
8. Hong Kong Comics and Animation Federation (HKCAF)
9. Licensing Executives Society China, Hong Kong Sub-Chapter (LESC - HK)
10. Hong Kong Digital Entertainment Association (HKDEA)
11. Hong Kong Game Industry Association (HKGIA)
12. Hong Kong Creative Industries Association (HKCIA)
13. Hong Kong Design Institute (HKDI)
14. Chinese University of Hong Kong - Business School
15. Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
16. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Design
17. Movie Producers & Distributors Association of Hong Kong Ltd.
18. Hong Kong Association of Interactive Marketing (HKAIM)
20. Hong Kong Design Trade Association
21. Hong Kong Designers Association
22. Hong Kong Society of Illustrators
1. Taipei Trade Centre Hong Kong (TTCHK)
2. Taiwan Comic & Animation Culture and Creative Industry of International Development Exchange Association (CACCI)
3. Character Brand Licensing Association of Japan (CBLA)
4. China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Commercial Sub-council (CCPIT)
(listed in no particular order)
Judging Panel (Subject to change)
Chairman of Judging Panel
- Mr. Gordon Chin, Chairman of Asian Licensing Association
- Dr. Toby Chan, Managing Director of Regent Lane Ltd.
- Mr. Tim Kondo, General Manager of Animation International Ltd.
- Mr. Taro Tsuji, Director of Bandai Namco Holding Asia Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Dorian Ho, Founder of Doriano International Ltd.
- Mr. Eddie Ng, Executive Vice President of Guangzhou Art-land
- Mr. Yang Xiaoxuan, Anime Venture Capital Business, Vice President of QIY
- Mr. Tian Enming, President of Shanghai Broad Journey 上海博德旅遊發展有限公司
- Ms. She Yinbin, Editor of Tencent Video Children's Channel
- Ms. Charmaine Koo, Chairman of Licensing Executives Society China, HK Sub-chapter.
- Mr. Michitsugu Isowa, Contents Business Director/ Section Manager of Dentsu Tec Inc.
- Mr. Hideaki Udagawa, President of Toei Animation Enterprises Ltd.
- Mr. Kazuo Rikukawa, President of CHARACTER DATABANK, Ltd.
- Mr. Bul-Kyung Kim, Representative of SMG Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Jong-Bok Park, President of Toplicensing Asia / SSAK C&M Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Jay Cho, Brand License Business/ Executive Director of Daewon Media Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Sherlock Lu, Product Manager of L.E. International Corp.
(Listed in no particular order and to be final confirm)
All brand and property owners, licensors, licensing agencies, licensees and their promotion partners in Asia under nomination are eligible to participate in the competition.
Best Young Property in Asian
Best Promotion Campaignn
Best Asian Property
Best Property in Asia
Each winner will be awarded at the Asian Licensing Awards Presentation Ceremony and receive prestigious industry recognition. The winners of Best Promotion Campaign and Best Young Property in 2017 cannot apply for these two awards this year.
The judging panel is responsible for nominating brands, licensed products or promotion programs, providing that the entity nominated has satisfied the following criteria:
Promotion programs, licensed products, brands and properties have/had to be executed, promoted and/or available for sale in one or more retail markets in Asia during the dates of the Qualification Period (1 September 2018 to 31 August 2019).
Sales performance must have met or exceeded the pre-determined targets or performance indicators initially established by the nominee.
Nominated properties, products or programs must have demonstrated outstanding, unique and creative execution of product design and/or artwork.
The Best Young Property in Asia must be launched into the market less than 3 years
(from 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2019).
The Best Asian Property must be owned by Asian company.
Award Presentation Ceremony
The award presentation ceremony of the Asian Licensing Awards will be held in the evening of January 7, 2020 (Tuesday) at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Asian Licensing Awards 2018 Timeline
November 24, 2019 Deadline for application
January 7, 2020 The Awards Presentation Ceremony